Have a question?
Need more information?
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the program runs in set cycles from week one to three and if you are arrested and do not have to appear in court for anywhere between 2 - 4 weeks, it is recommended you start the program immediately. You could then complete the program before your first appearance which will then alleviate asking for an adjournment. If you need an adjournment to complete our program, mention you are attending Qtop!
We are fully recognised by the Courts/Corrective Services/Lawyers. If you are willing to alternate between Gold Coast & Brisbane, you can complete the program within 1.5 weeks!
- You must sign an indemnity form relating to the traffic offenders program for insurance purposes
- You must not attend under the influence of any alcohol or other drugs. A random breathalyser is used during the sessions.
- You must display an acceptable standard of behaviour at the program.
- You must bring a photo ID to verify your identity.
The program costs one hundred and eighty-five dollars ($185.00 incl GST). Fee must be paid at booking or before 1st night of attendance.
You can pay online or call and pay over the phone on 0401 344 982. NO CASH is accepted.
Alternatively, if you don’t have an eftpos card, bring a money order from the Post Office made payable to QTOP for $185.00 (incl GST) on your first night and advise the QTOP staff on 0401 344 982.
- Firstly, there is an educational process that is intended to impart insight to the offender, thereby helping them to regulate their own behaviour and not re-offend. The program is designed to increase the participants' understanding of their social commitment and traffic laws and use reality checks on statistics and events that do occur because of drink/drug driving or general breaching of traffic laws.
- Secondly, the completion of the program will be taken into consideration by a magistrate as a mitigating factor in sentencing. The fact that an offender has demonstrated remorse and sought education for their actions it will be taken into consideration in the overall sentencing process. The local magistrates have indicated on a case by case basis, the offenders, (depending on their circumstances), would receive a lighter sentence than if they had not completed the program. However, at this stage, there cannot be any guarantees given for results, it is up to each individual Magistrate’s discretion.
The Traffic Offenders Program is an educational court diversion program that involves expert lecturers from a diverse range of fields.
The lecturers will include driver safety experts, emergency service experts, substance abuse (drug and alcohol) counsellors, grief and trauma counsellors, victims and lawyers. The lecturers will all focus on their involvement with the different consequences of dangerous driving, (alcohol and other drugs, as well as the adverse health effects) and the impact on victims of road crashes.
The many experts will relate their personal experiences in relation to crashes, including experts that will bring home the message what drink driving and unsafe driving in a practical sense can mean to you.
On your brochure there are three (3) sign offs for experts. You must have the expert sign and date this form at the end of the session, to demonstrate that you have attended the program every week. You must also provide to the magistrate a receipt to prove that you have paid the fee for the program together with your completion certificate and course summary, which will have your own personal notes on each of the three lectures.
- Drink and Drug Driving;
- Disqualified driving;
- Unlicensed driving;
- Hooning, Evading Police offences;
- Special Hardship Order Applications;
- Work Licence Applications;
- Undue care and Attention;
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle;
- Removal of Disqualification Applications;
- Probation and Parole Orders;