- To utilise a variety of reality checks and impact methods to deter traffic offenders from re-offending; and
- To provide expert information of an educational nature about the dangers of drink driving and unsafe driving for the purpose of detering traffic offenders from re-offending.
Goals for Participants:
- Promote safe drinking levels;
- Provide strategies to help drivers avoid unsafe driving, and driving whilst intoxicated;
- Realise the short and long term effects of alcohol and other drugs on the body;
- Realise the ways in which drugs and alcohol affect one’s ability to drive, particularly with coordination and reaction time;
- Helping people to understand the underlying issues why they drive whilst disqualified;
- To realise and appreciate the dangers of unsafe driving and / or drink driving and become aware of the realistic consequences of their actions as far as victims and family traumas are concerned; and
- To become informed as to the legal ramifications of their actions, eg. potential jail terms and / or loss of license for life.
Goals for the Program:
- To establish this diversionary program successfully and then reproduce this throughout the state;
- To educate our young drivers on road safety; and
- To target other areas of need such as driver education for people under 25 years of age as part of their obtaining their licence.